Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/08/07 22:39:54 UTC

Job Posting: Sales Engineer @ Cloudera

Hadoop Fans,
We are looking to hire a sales engineer based in the bay area that can
travel as needed. Following is the full job description, but if you know
your Hadoop, have experience working with customers, and are excited about
helping new enterprise users work with lots of data, please read on. If you
are interested, please send a resume and introduction to
jobs+apache@cloudera.com <jo...@cloudera.com>

Cheers,
Christophe

No recruiters please.
Cloudera is looking for a Sales Engineer

Cloudera seeks a full-time Sales Engineer to provide hands-on assistance to
its sales team in technical customer engagements. This person will work
closely with Cloudera's sales team to develop opportunities. In this
capacity, the Sales Engineer will work remotely and on-site with customers
on installing, configuring and using Hadoop and related open source tools
and Cloudera's products. This requires a combination of software
architecture, design and implementation skills (hard-core coder). The SE
will accompany salespeople on customer calls, and in on-line meetings. When
necessary, the SE will work with customers before and after the sale to make
them successful. Projects will be handled remotely, from Cloudera's offices,
and on-site with customers.

*RESPONSIBILITIES*

   - Assist the sales team in assessing the technical fit of customer
   requirements to Cloudera products and services.
   - Explain to prospects, in meetings, by email, at conferences and
   elsewhere, how Hadoop and Cloudera's products work.
   - Provide advice and help, including hands-on coding and debugging, to
   make prospective and existing customers successful.
   - SEs are a critical part of the sales team, representing the company
   personally in customer engagements, and must be able to impart key
   technical, product and company information to advance an opportunity while
   maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude

*EXPERIENCE*

   - Must be capable of relationship development and opportunity
   identification
   - At least 4 years' experience in software development
   - At least 2 years' experience in a customer-facing technical role,
   preferably as a sales engineer
   - Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
   - Strong development and debugging skills in Java, C++, C required.
   Knowledge of Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby and similar scripting languages
   preferred.
   - Knowledge of Hadoop strongly preferred. Experience in large-scale
   distributed systems accepted.
   - BS degree preferred

If you are interested, please send your resume to jobs+apache@cloudera.com.

Cloudera, the commercial Hadoop company, develops and distributes Hadoop,
the open source software that powers the data processing engines of the
world's largest and most popular web sites. Founded by leading experts on
big data from Facebook, Google, Oracle and Yahoo, Cloudera's mission is to
bring the power of Hadoop, MapReduce, and distributed storage to companies
of all sizes in the enterprise, Internet and government sectors.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Cloudera has financial backing from Accel
Partners and Greylock Partners with angel investors who include Jeff Weiner
(CEO of Linkedin), Caterina Fake (founder Flickr, Hunch), Diane Greene
(Founder and former CEO of VMware), Marten Mickos (former CEO of MySQL), and
Qi Lu (President of Online Services at Microsoft). Cloudera's advisors
include the founders of the Hadoop project, Doug Cutting and Mike Cafarella.
Cloudera's engineering team is a flat organization with minimal process, and
an emphasis on inter-personal communication to stay coordinated while
keeping everything extremely agile. Cloudera is located in Burlingame, CA.

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training

Re: Job Posting: Sales Engineer @ Cloudera

Posted by Naga Vijayapuram <nv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I am resident of bay area and have experience with business
development / customer support.

You can view my resume at - http://www.sansthal-us.com/naga/vijay.html
- Use naga / vijayRes1729 to login.

Thanks,