Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Srijon Das <sr...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 18:19:55 UTC

Jmeter threads stop option

I am suggesting creating an option to stop a certain number of threads in UI and Server mode.

Most commercial tools have an option to reduce or increase the number of running threads while the test is in progress. It is very helpful during the demo of a performance problem, when we want to reduce the load so that the server does not crash.

Also in retail web businesses performance testing on Production servers is becoming popular. Some of the performance tests for retail web business sites is on live systems and such a feature to reduce load during performance test is helpful.