Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Charles Li <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/21 15:54:56 UTC

log4j log and j2ee container log

Hi,
I have a j2ee application that is setup to use log4j
log.
It write error messages to the log4j log, but it also
writes the same message to the j2ee container log.
How can I make it only write to the log4j log?

Below is a sample code:
63      try {
64        setValues(newHostName, messages, context);
65      } catch (Exception e) {
66        new DEPException(logger, e);
67      }
68    }

Thanks.

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: log4j log and j2ee container log

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Sep 21, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Charles Li wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a j2ee application that is setup to use log4j
> log.
> It write error messages to the log4j log, but it also
> writes the same message to the j2ee container log.
> How can I make it only write to the log4j log?
>
> Below is a sample code:
> 63      try {
> 64        setValues(newHostName, messages, context);
> 65      } catch (Exception e) {
> 66        new DEPException(logger, e);
> 67      }
> 68    }
>
> Thanks.

Would be better to ask this question on log4j-user.

Re: log4j log and j2ee container log

Posted by Jean-Sébastien HEDERER <he...@free.fr>.
Charles Li a écrit :

>Hi,
>I have a j2ee application that is setup to use log4j
>log.
>It write error messages to the log4j log, but it also
>writes the same message to the j2ee container log.
>How can I make it only write to the log4j log?

For Weblogic (i'm rather sure for this one), it's a parameter in the
j2ee application server and not in the code. but i'm not an expert.