Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sergio <sh...@ipsoluciones.com> on 2002/10/29 17:42:25 UTC

justifying text

I'm writing a text into a fo:block. There's too much text, with many paragraphs.
The problem is that I dont want that the last line of a paragraph was justified like is being:

(suppose that the symbol "|" is the left & rigth margin.)
NOW
|this is the text of the document|
|this is the text of the document|
|and         say             goodbye|
|                                              |
|this is the text of the document|
|this is the text of the document|
|and         say             goodbye|
|                                              |
|this is the text of the document|
|and say goodbye                    |

I WANT:

|this is the text of the document|
|this is the text of the document|
|and say goodbye                    |
|                                              |
|this is the text of the document|
|this is the text of the document|
|and say goodbye                    |
|                                              |
|this is the text of the document|
|and say goodbye                    |

the text is written into a fo:block like:

<fo:block text-align='justify' text-align-last='start' line-height='12pt' font-size='8pt' space-before.optimum='1.5pt' space-after.optimum='1.5pt' keep-together='always' color='gray'>
<fo:inline white-space-collapse='false'>this is the text of the document this is the text of the document and say goodbye
this is the text of the document this is the text of the document and say goodbye
this is the text of the document and say goodbye</fo:inline></fo:block>

Any idea will be welcome...

Sergio.

Re: justifying text

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Sergio wrote:

> I'm writing a text into a fo:block. There's too much text, with many
> paragraphs.

There is no notion of "paragraph" is xsl, and your fo snippet looks like
exactly 1 block area, so it has only 1 last line area. If you belive you have
many paragraphs, you have to mark them up using fo:block tag. Then having many
blocks you can align last line area within each one.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team

Re: justifying text

Posted by Sergio <sh...@ipsoluciones.com>.
The problem, is that i'm rendering the pdf dinamicaly.
I can't modify this text, because it's returned by a field of a sql server
database.

In other case, there will be no problem.

Sergio.