Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/07/06 19:44:22 UTC

author tags (was: Re: svn commit: r419557 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm: interpreter/src/interpreter.cpp vmcore/src/init/vm.cpp vmcore/src/jit/jit_runtime_support.cpp vmcore/src/verifier/Verifier.cpp)

Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> A little bit upset, that I'm no longer mentioned as author of the
> interpreter.cpp, it was quite a bit of work; not perfect I know.

Sorry that you feel that way.  Your feelings illustrates to me why it is
easier and arguably fairer to never have author tags.  The intent is not
to upset people by omitting some names and not others, or getting into
debates about whether a JavaDoc spelling correction warrants authorship,
etc.

I understand that others have opposing opinions, and I don't feel
strongly about it.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: author tags

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 in favor of dumping author tags.

On 7/6/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> please categorize subject lines...
>
> Tim Ellison wrote:
> > Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> >> A little bit upset, that I'm no longer mentioned as author of the
> >> interpreter.cpp, it was quite a bit of work; not perfect I know.
> >
> > Sorry that you feel that way.  Your feelings illustrates to me why it is
> > easier and arguably fairer to never have author tags.  The intent is not
> > to upset people by omitting some names and not others, or getting into
> > debates about whether a JavaDoc spelling correction warrants authorship,
> > etc.
> >
> > I understand that others have opposing opinions, and I don't feel
> > strongly about it.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim

Weldon Washburn