Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michaela Moesenbacher <Mi...@elements.at> on 2009/07/21 10:42:37 UTC

nutch 0.9 with jetty 6 and jdk 1.6

Hi,

I am having a problem with nutch 0.9 running on jetty 6 and jdk 1.6.
There seems to be a filehandle issue. When the old index is replaced
with a new one, nutch does not recognize it and somehow still (tries) to
use a filehandle pointing to the old index. Eventually this results in
an error when the old index really is overwritten on the file system.
Only when jetty is restarted the new index is recognized and used. Does
anyone else have this problem, respectivley does anyone else
successfully run nutch 0.9 on jetty 6 using jdk 1.6 ? We run several
instances of nutch on jdk 1.5 with jetty 5 an never experienced this
problem before.

I would be grateful for any hint, Thanks!

Michaela M�senbacher