Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Sharp <ds...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 19:30:30 UTC

Eclipse generated ear fails to deploy.

I'm having a rather wierd issue.  I have followed the instructions
here: http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/multi-module-projects.html
to get my project to be deployable in eclipse.  However the generated
ear fails to deploy properly because it's include the wrong jar file
from one of my ejb sub-projects.

Rather than including the client jar file, it's including the jar
containing the ejb itself, and then adding it to the application.xml
as an ejb module.  Consequently, when eclipse attempts to deploy the
generated ear, it fails because the ejb is already deployed in a
different ear.

In other words, instead of having an ear that looks like:

Root:
|-ejb-version-client.jar
|-project.war

I end up with an ear that looks like:

Root:
|-ejb-version.jar
|-project.war

Does anyone know how I can get the eclipse to generate the ear
properly for running the project inside the ide?
---
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand
binary, and those that don't.