Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> on 2015/11/20 05:47:42 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Stratos 4.1.5 RC1 build in progress, Please hold your commits

$subject please.

Please reply to this if you encounter any blocker for this release.
Otherwise please refrain from pushing the changes to the stratos-4.1.x
branch.

Thanks,
Gayan

--

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)

Re: [IMPORTANT] Stratos 4.1.5 RC1 build in progress, Please hold your commits

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gayan,
>
> I think we need to create a release branch for 4.1.5 as we did for
> previous releases. This will allow committers to freely commit their
> fixes/features to stratos-4.1.x branch and do the release in release
> branch. The release specific fixes will be committed to release branch and
> later merged into the development branch. The naming convention for release
> branch is: release-<version>

No. We should not commit next version changes with this release snapshot
version.

Anyway I am using the separate branch for the release(release-4.1.5) but
still I think we should commit the next version changes after we update the
4.1.x branch with the next version snapshots values.In the mean time
committer can work in their own local branch and once the Stratos 4.1.x
branch updated with the next version changes they can apply their changes
to the release branch as those changes are valid for the next version.

Thanks,
Gayan

Posted by Akila Ravihansa Perera <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Gayan,