Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by ma...@bt.com on 2005/12/12 18:58:58 UTC

What determines where a type is produced

HI,
Can you please explain what decides whether a type is created as an
inner class and what is regarded as being sufficient to be used as a
class of its own.

    I created some Global complexTypes that I hoped would end up as
classes own their own but they have ended up being made inner classes of
calling classes.

    I only refer to these classes within the parent class at the moment
but it would be good to force global complexTypes to be classes on their
own.

    The reason I need this is I am generating some GUI code from the
schema and I need to get predictable results.

    Thanks

Martin Roberts
Group Research
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 609785  clickdial
<http://clickdial.bt.co.uk/clickdial?001609785.cld>
fax: +44(0) 1473 609834
Intranet Site :http://twiki.btlabs.bt.co.uk/twiki
pp 16 Floor 5, Orion Building, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5
3RE, UK

	British Telecommunications plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000
	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or
address above) immediately.

Re: What determines where a type is produced

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
martin.me.roberts@bt.com wrote:

> Can you please explain what decides whether a type is created as an
> inner class and what is regarded as being sufficient to be used as a
> class of its own.

Globally declared types = global classes

>     I created some Global complexTypes that I hoped would end up as
> classes own their own but they have ended up being made inner classes of
> calling classes.

I can't imagine, that this is so? Perhaps you are referring to global
elements with locally defined global types?

Jochen