Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Qianbo Huai <qi...@uber.com> on 2017/05/18 22:13:55 UTC

Sentry HDFS requires CDH Hadoop

We are currently using Sentry cdh5-1.5.1_5.7.2 and matching CDH Hadoop.
When we evaluated newer versions of Hadoop, we noticed that the interface /
class (such as AuthorizationProvider and DefaultAuthorizationProvider)
required by Sentry HDFS plugin, do not exist outside of CDH Hadoop.

Investigating a bit further, we found the original issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-6826), design doc (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12662011/HDFSPluggableAuthorizationProposal-v2.pdf)
and commit that introduced those classes 2.5 years ago.

Our question: is there a plan to port those interfaces / classes to Apache
Hadoop?

Thanks
Qianbo Huai

Uber Data Infra