Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Russell <sr...@zeera.net> on 2002/07/26 23:30:46 UTC

Tomat 4.03 As A Stand alone

Hi;

I'm trying to convert a web app to tomcat 4.03.

I set up my project tree as recommended by the manual.

My top level directory is /zot

The other directories are:
/zot/build
/zot/doc
/zot/dist
/zot/src ( has net.mypackage under it )
/zot/WEB-INF
/zot/WEB-INF/classes ( has compiled *.class of net.mypackage under it)
/zot/web
/zot/web/js
/zot/web/common_jsp
/zot/web/jsp1
/zot/web/jsp2
/zot/web/css
/zot/web/js

I put this tag in my server.xml

<Context path="/zot" docBase="/zot/web" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

When I try to go to either jsp1 or jsp2 ( two seperate collections of
jsps used as two differnt apps/sites)  I get this error message:

============================
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server
Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.jsp.index_0005fhome$jsp._jspService(index_0005fhome$jsp.java:67)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
================================

I'm stumped.

Any ideas or clues?

Thanks

Steve

Tomcat 4.03 CLI options?

Posted by Steve Russell <sr...@zeera.net>.
I did look through the docs.

Where can I find a list of command line options to use with
TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh  ?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Re: Tomat 4.03 JAVACMD & Startup Properties

Posted by Steve Russell <sr...@zeera.net>.
Hi;

I'm using tomcat 4.03 and the IBM jdk 1.3.1

I'm running these commands to start my project

export JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
-DprojectProperties=$PROJECT_HOME/conf/project.properties"

./startup.sh

This worked with tomcat 3, but with tomcat 4.03 when I check the
catalina.out log file it looks like it is not getting "projectProperties".

Does tomcat 4.03 pickup JAVACMD?

Steve