Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by 舒凯凯 <em...@163.com> on 2019/04/04 10:48:15 UTC

the config about

this is my question:
when I get an error of ---Error parsing HTTP request header--
the reason of this error i already know. the header is too large. by setting maxHttpHeaderSize to a bigger size can solve this error, but this is not my point.
the total message of this error is :
Info: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Request header is too large
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:530)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:519)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseHeader(InternalInputBuffer.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseHeaders(InternalInputBuffer.java:281)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1066)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:317)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

this bold font-Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
is control by system properties: org.apache.juli.logging.UserDataHelper.CONFIG=INFO_THEN_DEBUG
and INFO_THEN_DEBUG is the default value.
when i change the value INFO_THEN_DEBUG to DEBUG_ALL, the console will not show any log error again, but the error is here.

i know the reason is my default root log level is INFO config in my logging.properites.
but in my opinion, DEBUG_ALL is lower than INFO_THEN_DEBUG, when i change to a lower value, i can't get any error log again.
i dont know whether this is a bug?  if not, i want to know why is this logic?  thanks!

My environment:
win 10
eclipse
tomcat-embed-core:7.0.93
tomcat-embed-logging-juli:7.0.93
logging.properties:
handlers = java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = FINEST
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

Re: the config about

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/04/2019 11:48, 舒凯凯 wrote:
> this is my question:
> when I get an error of ---Error parsing HTTP request header--
> the reason of this error i already know. the header is too large. by setting maxHttpHeaderSize to a bigger size can solve this error, but this is not my point.
> the total message of this error is :
> Info: Error parsing HTTP request header
>  Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Request header is too large
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:530)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill(InternalInputBuffer.java:519)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseHeader(InternalInputBuffer.java:407)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseHeaders(InternalInputBuffer.java:281)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1066)
> at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:317)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
>

> this bold font-Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at DEBUG level.
> is control by system properties: org.apache.juli.logging.UserDataHelper.CONFIG=INFO_THEN_DEBUG
> and INFO_THEN_DEBUG is the default value.
> when i change the value INFO_THEN_DEBUG to DEBUG_ALL, the console will not show any log error again, but the error is here.
>
> i know the reason is my default root log level is INFO config in my logging.properites.
> but in my opinion, DEBUG_ALL is lower than INFO_THEN_DEBUG, when i change to a lower value, i can't get any error log again.
> i dont know whether this is a bug?  if not, i want to know why is this logic?  thanks!

No, this is not a bug. It is working as designed.

If you configure these messages to be all logged at DEBUG level and
configure your log files to only show INFO and above you won't see these
messages.

Mark