Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 08:13:11 UTC

thanks for wonderful work with Wicket 8.

Hi,

I would like to thanks Wicket's development team for wonderful work done
with wicket 8.x!

Yesterday mid morning I started to migrate the application of a customer of
mine to Wicket 8.4 (form WIcket 7.9). By the end of the day I had fixed
almost all compile errors (most of them due to the removal of Form on
onSubmit and onError (on AJAX submitting components) and our derived
codebase depending on that) and fixed all warnings (most of them because of
depreciation of AbstractReadOnlyModel). Today, early in the morning,
application was already compiling! Then I ran Wicket based tests... Most of
them were failing :-( Our fault: one component (some home backed wrapper
around bootstrap modal) was missing calling super.onConfig()). Fixed that
line and all tests passed! I run the application and started to do some
manual testing (some of our features are very complex and use lots of
advanced low level Wicket JavaScript and even WebSockets). Again everything
seems to work flawlessly. Wow!

Many thanks again to Wicket team!

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: thanks for wonderful work with Wicket 8.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks you Ernesto!

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
I could use the

 Or a wicket wrapper for
> http://bootstrap-notify.remabledesigns.com/.

:)

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> Already done:
> https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/tree/wicket-9.x
> I use it for my Wicket trainings application.
>
> Haha... It is difficult to beat you in speed :-)

> There is something similar here:
>
> https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/tree/wicket-8.x/bootstrap-less
> For Bootstrap 4.x we have it for Sass/Scss:
>
> https://github.com/l0rdn1kk0n/wicket-bootstrap/tree/wicket-8.x-bootstrap-4.x/bootstrap-sass

Hum... I didn't know about this. My implementation seems to bet simpler:
just an Interface to make LESS for compiler plugable +  Resource +
ResourceReference (for package served resources). No need for a cache. But
for our use case it works well.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Ernesto,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to you Ernesto for your support and kind words! I'm happy that the
hard work done with Wicket 8 is paying off.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 10:22 AM Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I am glad to read this small success story, Ernesto!
>
> I want to thank you for using Wicket all these years, for all the bug
> reports and the suggested features!
>
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 11:13 AM Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
> reiern70@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to thanks Wicket's development team for wonderful work done
> > with wicket 8.x!
> >
> > Yesterday mid morning I started to migrate the application of a customer
> of
> > mine to Wicket 8.4 (form WIcket 7.9). By the end of the day I had fixed
> > almost all compile errors (most of them due to the removal of Form on
> > onSubmit and onError (on AJAX submitting components) and our derived
> > codebase depending on that) and fixed all warnings (most of them because
> of
> > depreciation of AbstractReadOnlyModel). Today, early in the morning,
> > application was already compiling! Then I ran Wicket based tests... Most
> of
> > them were failing :-( Our fault: one component (some home backed wrapper
> > around bootstrap modal) was missing calling super.onConfig()). Fixed that
> > line and all tests passed! I run the application and started to do some
> > manual testing (some of our features are very complex and use lots of
> > advanced low level Wicket JavaScript and even WebSockets). Again
> everything
> > seems to work flawlessly. Wow!
> >
> > Many thanks again to Wicket team!
> >
> > --
> > Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

--
Andrea Del Bene.
Apache Wicket committer.

Re: thanks for wonderful work with Wicket 8.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
It's been a pleasure using Wicket all these years. Thanks again!

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.