Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Morten Ludvigsen <mo...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/09/06 11:11:47 UTC

The ability to schedule changes

Hi,

I am making a web site content management system where I want to use Subversion as the storage.

The requirements are:

1. Any document should be edited in a "developement" environment.
2. A document revision can be moved from "developement" to a "test" environment.
3. A document revision can be moved from "test" to a "production" environment.
4. Which revision of a document that should be served from the "production"
   environment should controlled by the current date
  (ie. the ability to schedule changes).

It is a simple matter to implement the first three requirements by using branches in Subversion.

Requirement four on the other hand is a bit more challenging. If anyone here has a suggestion I
would be very gratefull.

Regards,

Morten Ludvigsen
2-People Software
Denmark

Re: The ability to schedule changes

Posted by Morten Ludvigsen <mo...@yahoo.co.uk>.
 --- Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> wrote: > Morten Ludvigsen
<mo...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> > I think it solves my problem, with the addition of an "end"-date (in
> > effect scheduling the removal of the document).
> >
> > I am thinking of using web-dav as a layer when serving the
> > document. Is it possible to read the properties through web-dav
> > without retrieving the document and without using an svn client?
> > Where would I look to see a description of this?
>
> Yes, metadata "properties" are part of the WebDAV/DeltaV protocol.
> You use the PROPFIND http method to discover metadata attached to
> resources.
>
> For example, using the Cadaver commandline client
> (http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/), you can browse the svn repository
> much like an ftp client.  It has property commands for listing and
> fetching property values.

Thanks,

I''ll have a look at that.

Re: The ability to schedule changes

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Morten Ludvigsen <mo...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Sorry I havn't answered till now - I have had a busy weekend :-)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted by Daniel Berlin <db...@dberlin.org>.