Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by 罗茂林 <a8...@126.com> on 2014/08/30 10:47:15 UTC

I want to contribute

hi apache,
I'm a java programmer from china, and I have one year experience on developing java.
I want to contribute to openoffice, and so, what can I do for that?

                             maolin.luo

Re: I want to contribute

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
There are some Java related tasks that can contribute to the AOO
ecosystems like the extensions for Eclipse/NetBeans to work on Java
Extensions.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice_Eclipse_Integration

There might be even a chance to extend the extention to get other
languages like Python, Basic, etc.

On 8/31/14, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 30/08/2014 罗茂林 wrote:
>> I'm a java programmer from china, and I have one year experience on
>> developing java.
>> I want to contribute to openoffice, and so, what can I do for that?
>
> Hello maolin.luo,
> although the primary language for OpenOffice is C++ we do have some Java
> code around, for example one thing that could be revived is the
> MediaWiki publisher:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/swext/mediawiki/src/com/sun/star/wiki/
>
> Feel free to ask if you need more information. You may find our building
> guide useful:
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.