Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org> on 2017/06/30 13:56:28 UTC

Attempting to change consumers of Log4j 2 SerializedLayout

Now when we have deprecated SerializedLayout, we should attempt to get
all known consumers of it to be changed to instead/also support
JsonLayout (or something else if more appropriate).

The Socket Server in Log4j already support JsonLayout and XmlLayout as
well, and I have just changed it to use JsonLayout by default.

I have just notified Jörn Huxhorn about Lilith.

What about Chainsaw? Does it read Log4j 2 SerializedLayout? Does it
support something else as well?

What about Flume?

Logback Beagle seems to be Logback specific, so we don't need to worry
about it. https://github.com/qos-ch/logback-beagle

Do we know of any other?

Re: Attempting to change consumers of Log4j 2 SerializedLayout

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Chainsaw supports log4j1's xml format over UDP and TCP, as well as any
regular text format via (VFS)LogFilePatternReceiver.  It also supports
log4j1's serialized loggingevent format.

Chainsaw integration with Logj42 is via VFSLogFilePatternReceiver -
you have to specify the pattern and an accessible endpoint.

Scott

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I updated the JMS integration tests away from SerializedLayout.

Gary

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>