Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2010/04/09 18:12:05 UTC

Setup screencast - (was Re: DRDA - An abridged tutorial)

On 4/9/2010 1:48 AM, Tiago Espinha wrote:

> Yes, I remember that I mentioned something about such file, but this
> video never made it to the official Derby site and as such I never got
> to publish the file.

It certainly would be a welcome addition to the website if someone wants
to submit a patch and  also would be good to link from more visible
places on the Wiki, although folks do seem to be finding it.  I think
you can attach a file on a Wiki page.

Re: Setup screencast - (was Re: DRDA - An abridged tutorial)

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 4/9/2010 10:52 AM, Tiago Espinha wrote:
> I think people are mostly finding it because it is on my wiki page
> from last years GSoC and most people who have been finding it are new
> GSoC students :-)
>
> How do I go about submitting patches to make it show on the website?
> Do we have an SVN branch for the website?

The website update instructions are here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html

It is all kind of a bit of a pain to set up the first time, so it I
think a lot of things have moved to the Wiki.  If you can attach a file
on the Wiki it might be easiest to add a section, Setting up your build
and test environment, to
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ForNewDevelopers which is already linked
from http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html (The community tab on
the front page.)

Re: Setup screencast - (was Re: DRDA - An abridged tutorial)

Posted by Tiago Espinha <ti...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I think people are mostly finding it because it is on my wiki page from last years GSoC and most people who have been finding it are new GSoC students :-)

How do I go about submitting patches to make it show on the website? Do we have an SVN branch for the website?

Tiago