Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aram Mkhitaryan <ar...@googlemail.com> on 2009/03/13 13:46:07 UTC

YUI with Struts2

Hi All,

I'm in a real truble, please help!

I chose YUI (Yahoo UI) to use it's Layout, Menu, Tree, Tabs.
But I get problems when using Struts2's ajax tags from dojo plugin.

The first problem was that I cannot create ajax link in YUI Tree node.
The second problem was that when I put something ajax in YUI Tab the
page does not work at all.

Have someone experienced something like this?
What can you suggest.

It's very urgent!
Thank you in advance,
Aram

Re: YUI with Struts2

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Aram Mkhitaryan wrote:
> I want to have YUI rich components that are built from markup and dojo
> from struts for ajaxifying the application

If you're already using YUI why not just use YUI all the way?

I'd be wary of mixing two completely different, comprehensive JavaScript
frameworks, although there's probably no technical reason they can't
work together.

Without a description of how you're trying to go about what you're doing
it'll be difficult/impossible to help further.

Dave

Re: YUI with Struts2

Posted by Aram Mkhitaryan <ar...@googlemail.com>.
Yes,

I want to have YUI rich components that are built from markup and dojo
from struts for ajaxifying the application

i hope there is a solution for this, I really hope

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you are trying to mix YUI and Dojo?
>
> musachy
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Aram Mkhitaryan
> <ar...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm in a real truble, please help!
>>
>> I chose YUI (Yahoo UI) to use it's Layout, Menu, Tree, Tabs.
>> But I get problems when using Struts2's ajax tags from dojo plugin.
>>
>> The first problem was that I cannot create ajax link in YUI Tree node.
>> The second problem was that when I put something ajax in YUI Tab the
>> page does not work at all.
>>
>> Have someone experienced something like this?
>> What can you suggest.
>>

>> It's very urgent!
>> Thank you in advance,
>> Aram