Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu> on 2013/12/02 14:19:52 UTC

VMs as part of Windows Domain

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone is joining the provisioned VMs(reservations) as part
of their Windows Domain and if so, how are computer names being handled?
At the moment, our Windows image has the same host name which would present
a problem if the reservations were allowed to join a Domain. Also, if it is
possible, is it also possible to just pass the user name and password to
the RDP session from the ldap login that the user logged in with? Thank You

Re: VMs as part of Windows Domain

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
well, I found this post and it doesn't seem to be an easy task.
http://vcl.markmail
.org/search/?q=windows+domain#query:windows%20domain+page:2+mid:q4qtdnpz4ogltum4+state:results

David DeMizio
*Academic Systems Coordinator*
Office of Information Technology
New College of Florida