Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shazia Bashir <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 10:31:18 UTC

distributionManagement - deployment to 3rd party and release repository

Hi,

i am setting up our company repositories. I have made 3 repositories (3rd
party repo, snapshots repo, releases repo) . I want to make it available to
the users to deploy archives to all 3 repositories.

How do i in my company.pom state this in the distributionmanagement, as it
doesnt let me set 2 different repositories (3rd party and release):

<distributionManagement>
<repository>
<id>3rdparty</id>
<name>arr repo</name>
<url>
dav:http://linuxserver:8080/archiva/repository/3rdparty/
</url>
</repository>
<snapshotRepository>
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
<id>snapshots</id>
<url>
dav:http://linuxserver:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/
</url>
</snapshotRepository>
</distributionManagement>

</snapshotRepository>
</distributionManagement>

Re: distributionManagement - deployment to 3rd party and release repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 13, 2007 2:31 AM, Shazia Bashir <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am setting up our company repositories. I have made 3 repositories (3rd
> party repo, snapshots repo, releases repo) . I want to make it available to
> the users to deploy archives to all 3 repositories.

To make the repositories available, give the users the 'repository
manager' role, and have them add credentials to settings.xml

> How do i in my company.pom state this in the distributionmanagement, as it
> doesnt let me set 2 different repositories (3rd party and release):

Maven only allows one distributionManagement repository (and
snapshotRepository) per project.  If you put the default one in your
parent pom, child projects are free to override it if they wish to
deploy somewhere else.

If that's not what you needed to know, please explain more about the
problem you're trying to solve.

--
Wendy