Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2007/10/18 14:55:15 UTC

TableBindingBuilder

Hello.

I have a hard time trying to figure out the binding stuff in the
modeler.

This is for the merge-project. I have a table ala the one in
dialog.db.TableSelectorController. It uses
TableBindingBuilder.addColumn to add columns, but I do not understand
how to add a column with dropdown cells or cells with buttons.

Anyone can give me a hint on how to get going?

Regards,
  - Tore.

Re: TableBindingBuilder

Posted by Ahmed Mohombe <am...@yahoo.com>.
> I guess it is not implemented yet. I'd need more time to comment more
> intelligently, but generally if you do not want to use bindings
> framework, you can go with vanilla swing approach.
Wouldn't be this a better general approach?:
https://binding.dev.java.net/

Cayenne Modeler is already using Looks and Forms from JGoodies, so
only Binding (and Validation) remained unused :).

Ahmed.

Re: TableBindingBuilder

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I guess it is not implemented yet. I'd need more time to comment more
intelligently, but generally if you do not want to use bindings
framework, you can go with vanilla swing approach. The only
deprecated technology still used in the Modeler is the Scope framework.

Andrus