Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonny Becker <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/14 11:31:12 UTC

CHS and asm-errors

Hi,

I'm experimenting to move the CHS from Hibernate2 to Hibernate3.
Thanks to the help of this list, I got the CHS with Hibernate2 finally
running on Cocoon 2.1.7.

Now I'm experiencing errors with my Hibernate3 implementation. It compiles
normally.
But on startup I'm always getting this kind of error:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException...
org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(...) does not exist...
java.lang.NoSuchmethodError....

On the CHS-homepage there was a comment:
>Also, CHS would not start in Cocoon 2.1.7, so I backed out asm-1.5.2.jar
>and asm-util-1.5.2.jar to asm-1.4.3.jar and asm-util-1.4.3.jar.
This didn't help for me. But maybe someone knows (the author of this
comment?) about this asm issue.

Other, non-cocoon-relate question:
I'm working on windows and starting cocoon from cmd. If I get errors I want
to copy the stacktrace, so I can post it here. From the command-window it
isn't possible to copy and paste. What could I do? Suggestions welcome.

thanks
jonny

Re: CHS and asm-errors

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Jonny Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a default constructor without parameters for Country. But
> Hibernate needs an "empty" constructor, doesn't it?

hibernate needs a default constructor

public class Country {
     public Country() {
         // some initialization here
      }
}

> Could you give me a hint what and where to look for. (This is the CHS
> with Hibernate3 modifications.). This Exception tells me nothing.

I haven't worked with hibernate 3 yet.

Re: CHS and asm-errors

Posted by Jonny Becker <jo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,