Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farrukh Najmi <fa...@wellfleetsoftware.com> on 2007/08/30 00:55:40 UTC

The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact

Dear colleagues,

I added <distributionManagement> to my project's pom.xml using scp and
wagon-ssh-external. The project uses war packaging.

When I run "mvn deploy" it successfully deploys my project's war file.
However, when I run "mvn deploy:deploy" it gives the following:

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.3:deploy' -->
[DEBUG]   (f) artifact = com.xxx:yyy:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG]   (f) attachedArtifacts = []
[DEBUG]   (f) deploymentRepository = [xxx-repository] -> scp://xxx.net/....
[DEBUG]   (s) localRepository = [local] -> file:///home/najmi/.m2/repository
[DEBUG]   (f) packaging = war
[DEBUG]   (f) pomFile = /home/najmi/.../pom.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) updateReleaseInfo = false
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
altDeploymentRepository = null
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build
artifact
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I missing in my pom.xml?

Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

Re: The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact

Posted by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu>.
Hi,

just don't use deploy:deploy on the command line. 'mvn deploy' executes
the deploy phase, whereas 'mvn deploy:deploy' executes just the deploy
goal of the deploy plugin.

When executing the phase, all other phases before the deploy phase will
execute too. This includes most importently the package pahse, in which
the jar-plugin packages the project and attaches the build artifact to
the pom. This does not happen when you just execute the deploy goal,
hence the error.

-Tim