Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/02/25 06:36:18 UTC

encodeURL / jsessionid

Hi,

     I wish to maintain state across contexts and have in app1:

<% request.getSession().setAttribute("id","2004073258"); %>

when app2 is loaded the jsessionid is visible in the address bar:

http://localhost:8086/app2/index.jsp;jsessionid=7DD63005E4142E8C75A2E75CBAC0534

Now what do I do with it? How do I access data set on the session on the previous context?

Thanks a lot

G.

---------------------------------

RE: encodeURL / jsessionid

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
No, sessions are not 'server' wide, they are scoped only to a single
user, of a single application.  I was looking up in 'cross context' and
'single-sign-on' in the tomcat docs (config docs for Context and Host,
respectively), but they don't appear to mention sharing a session.  Only
the ability to dispatch between apps, or to be challenged only once for
Auth.

Anyone else have ideas ?  ( I think Session sharing is, strictly
speaking, against spec).

RE: encodeURL / jsessionid

Posted by Jerald Powel <ge...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi,