Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by chirag lakhani <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/18 15:31:24 UTC

deploying Naive Bayes model in Java App

I have looked around for information about this but I still feel unsure
about whether this is possible.  I have recently developed a naive bayes
model in sci-kit learn that takes some short text data (along with a few
other categorical features) and develops a classifier model.  I would like
to ultimately deploy this classifier in our Java based app.

I am thinking of using Mahout to build the model, especially given the fact
that we have a Hadoop cluster and it would be good to train the model there
and then be able to serialize it there then migrate it to our Java App
environment.  I wanted to know if this is possible and what would I
ultimately need to do in order to get it to work.

In the Mahout in Action book it says that Naive Bayes only works for
"text-like" variables, do that mean you cannot combine categorical
variables with text variables?

Thanks,

Chirag