Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Shailesh Ligade <SL...@FBI.GOV> on 2021/07/20 15:59:01 UTC

accumulo adding/decommissioning tservers

Hello,

My current hdfs cluster is not rack aware. I need to add new tservers/datanodes so that they will be in different AZ (AWS). I provisioned the new tservers nodes and added to the cluster (updated accumulo slaves file). Accumulo monitor showed the correct list. Then I shutdown the old tserver one at a time, ensuring that hdfs replicate whatever it needs to, before shutting down next tserver.

At the end I cleaned accumulo slaves file and ensure that accumulo is up and running, however, under replication section I still see it is waiting for old tservers. Also in the zookeeper, I see list of old and new tservers under /accumulo/replication/tservers, however /accumulo/tservers list is correct. Accumulo monitor shows correct tablet servers.

How can I clean this up?

Re: accumulo adding/decommissioning tservers

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I looked through the code, and it doesn't look like there's anything
that automatically cleans up these replication servicer advertisement
endpoints when a tserver is removed. You didn't specify a version, but
it looks like this is the case, regardless of which version you're
using. You can clean them up manually, though, by simply deleting
their nodes using the zkCli.sh shell. That will prevent new
replication requests from choosing the non-existent tserver to service
the RPC request (which is what these values in ZK are used for).