Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frederic Gaus <co...@necroshine.de> on 2003/12/02 12:10:55 UTC

Problems with simple-form transformer in 2.1.3

Hi!

I used cocoon 2.1.1 with no problems (using Form-validation).
After a update to 2.1.3, I got very many problems with the
simple-form-transformer.

I have no solution to these problems, maybe someone could help me:

in my source-xml I used error-tags like:
or

to get a line-break. This is not working any longer. After transforming
a few tags are missing (not the <br>, but for example the </form>-Tag)
and my xml gets invalid.

I get an other problem while validating a form with an upload-element
inside. To get the upload working I create a form-element with the
attribute
 enctype="multipart/form-data

Doing this, even a valid input is detected as not valid :(

This could also be a problem of the form-validator-action, but I don't
belive because there was iirc no change in the source since version
2.1.1...

Hope someone could help me..

Freddy

Re: war file missing: cocoon 2.1.3

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 04.12.2003 23:50, Michael Wolf wrote:

> Hello,
> I just tried to build cocoon 2.1.3. The webapp directory (including
> content) is created but the cocoon.war file is missing.
>
> Of course I executed 'build war'.
> A month ago I built cocoon 2.1.2 on the same machine and had no problems
> whatsoever.
>
> Michael

Nah! I'm sure that this does not happen! Are you sure the build
finished? And you have not broken build.properties?

Defaults:
build.war=${build}/${name}.war
build=${build.root}/${name}-${version}
build.root=build

I don't know exactly where ${name} and ${version} come from.

But at least my WAR is created at
D:\cocoon-2.1\build\cocoon-2.1.4-dev\cocoon.war. Replace 2.1.4-dev with
2.1.3 and you should find yours too.

Joerg

war file missing: cocoon 2.1.3

Re: Problems with simple-form transformer in 2.1.3

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Frederic Gaus wrote:

>>>I also modified example two. I just added <br/> to every <error/> and I
>>>is not working any longer (well, the example is still working, but look
>>>at the html-code produced. This is not well-formated any longer!)

I've been able to confirm this bug and believe to have found the cause
for this. I didn't have
enough time to thoroughly test the fix but I am confident to check in a
fix tonight or tomorrow at
the latest. Please stay tuned and thanks for reporting the bug.

    Chris.

Re: Problems with simple-form transformer in 2.1.3

Posted by Frederic Gaus <co...@necroshine.de>.
On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 01:47:39PM +0100, Christian Haul wrote:
> Frederic Gaus wrote:

> >>I've tried to reproduce this with the samples to no avail. Everything
> >>seems to work fine here.
> >>

> >I also modified example two. I just added <br/> to every <error/> and I
> >is not working any longer (well, the example is still working, but look
> >at the html-code produced. This is not well-formated any longer!)
> >
> >Ok, this is what I changed in the example:
> >I comment out the css-style for error-tags
> >	--> Example is still working
> >I changed every error tag from:
> >	<error attribute="value">Text</error>
> >	--> Example is not working any longer, I get a
> >	java.util.EmptyStackException
> >

> I assume this is a typo that is only in your mail and you did write

Of cause it is <br/> in my xml - sorry

> I did check this with my current checkout but it appears that there are
> no changes
> after release. Anyway, I will double check tonight.

I noticed that if I only add a few <br/>-elements, it is still working
(well, with 2 elements it is working..) - but changing every line is
not. :(

If I look at the produced html, every line
changes into
	</error>

So, the closing-tags are not removed.

Freddy

Re: Problems with simple-form transformer in 2.1.3

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Frederic Gaus <co...@necroshine.de>.
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:33:24PM +0100, Christian Haul wrote:
> Christian Haul wrote:
> >>Hi!
> >>I used cocoon 2.1.1 with no problems (using Form-validation).
> >>After a update to 2.1.3, I got very many problems with the
> >>simple-form-transformer.
> >>I have no solution to these problems, maybe someone could help me:
> >>
> >>in my source-xml I used error-tags like:
> >>or
> >>
> >>to get a line-break. This is not working any longer. After transforming
> >>a few tags are missing (not the <br>, but for example the </form>-Tag)
> >>and my xml gets invalid.
>
> I've tried to reproduce this with the samples to no avail. Everything
> seems to work fine here.

I also modified example two. I just added <br/> to every <error/> and I
is not working any longer (well, the example is still working, but look
at the html-code produced. This is not well-formated any longer!)

Ok, this is what I changed in the example:
I comment out the css-style for error-tags
	--> Example is still working
I changed every error tag from:
	<error attribute="value">Text</error>
	--> Example is not working any longer, I get a
	java.util.EmptyStackException

> >>I get an other problem while validating a form with an upload-element
> >>inside. To get the upload working I create a form-element with the
> >>attribute enctype="multipart/form-data
>
> You need to move the enctype attribute to the form tag and enable
> uploads in Cocoon.

Yes, sorry, as I told, I've changed the cocoon-version. But I had
forgotten to enable uploads.

So, on problem is solved, but the other one is still there - who can
help?

Thanks

Freddy

Re: Problems with simple-form transformer in 2.1.3

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Frederic Gaus wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I used cocoon 2.1.1 with no problems (using Form-validation).
>After a update to 2.1.3, I got very many problems with the
>simple-form-transformer.
>
>I have no solution to these problems, maybe someone could help me:
>
>in my source-xml I used error-tags like:
>or
>
>to get a line-break. This is not working any longer. After transforming
>a few tags are missing (not the <br>, but for example the </form>-Tag)
>and my xml gets invalid.
>

>I get an other problem while validating a form with an upload-element
>inside. To get the upload working I create a form-element with the
>attribute
> enctype="multipart/form-data
>
>Doing this, even a valid input is detected as not valid :(
>
>This could also be a problem of the form-validator-action, but I don't
>belive because there was iirc no change in the source since version
>2.1.1...
>
>Hope someone could help me..

Could you provide a test case that illustrates the problem? Could you
check if the
samples included with Cocoon exhibit the same behaviour?

Thanks.
    Chris.