Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2006/09/19 23:34:53 UTC

Combining TR1 and boost

Robert, check out:

http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_tr1.html

It is a TR1 library facade that yields native functionality if it's
available and Boost functionality if not (provided Boost has the
functionality, which is not always the case).

It's a more complete version of the namespace trick we talked about,
which is good because I'm about to start using std::tr1::hash_map :)

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: Topic Pattern Matching [was Re: Combining TR1 and boost]

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Hi Martin,

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 14:27 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> I would be interested in discussing your approach to topic pattern

My first cut is fairly brain-dead, just doing a linear search over a set
of normalized patterns matching one pattern at a time. I'm doing #
matching by simple recursive lookahead which can certainly be done
better.

For the next round I had been thinking that a decision tree which would
help with patterns that have common prefixes. # matching becomes
interesting there because you have to look down all the branches below
you to find the end of the # sequence - I'm wondering if you could put
shortcut hashmaps into the tree to speed this up. (Hmm, I could put
shortcut hashmaps into my simple single pattern match ...)

I'm very interested to hear your FSA idea - I should have the brain-dead
C++ impl done today so you can take a look.

Topic Pattern Matching [was Re: Combining TR1 and boost]

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ma...@jpmorgan.com>.
Alan,

I would be interested in discussing your approach to topic pattern
matching as that is next on my list for the java broker. After a brief
chat here while Robert was away I was wondering if some form of DFA
(deterministic finite automata) would be faster than a hierarchy of topic
nodes.

--
Cheers

Martin

Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>
2006-09-20 13:30
Please respond to qpid-dev

        To:     Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>
        cc:     qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
        Subject:        Re: Combining TR1 and boost

I'm finishing topic pattern matching at the  moment so go ahead if you
have time.

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 23:29 +0100, Robert Greig wrote:
> On 19/09/06, Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Robert, check out:

http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_tr1.html

> > It is a TR1 library facade that yields native functionality if it's
> > available and Boost functionality if not (provided Boost has the
> > functionality, which is not always the case).
> >
> > It's a more complete version of the namespace trick we talked about,
> > which is good because I'm about to start using std::tr1::hash_map :)
>
> Ah. Much handier. Do you me to get it working tomorrow morning or have
> you started looking at it already?
>
> RG

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Re: Combining TR1 and boost

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: Combining TR1 and boost

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.