Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Salami Kehinde Rasheed <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/09 17:41:45 UTC

[users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE

I need step-by-step to upgrade to apache v7.0.40, what to download and how
to apply this on production environment.

*SALAMI KEHINDE R*

Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE

Posted by Salami Kehinde Rasheed <ke...@gmail.com>.
IT IS HTTPD upgrade but not TOMCAT, apology for the miss-use of subject.

--

*[image: Inline image 2]*
*SALAMI KEHINDE R*

*+234-8056511120*

Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE

Posted by KARTHIK SHIVAKUMAR <ns...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Robert Webb <rw...@ropeguru.com>.
1. Download lastest version that matches your Visual Studio Version from
apachelounge.com
2. Stop your current apache service and exit the apache monitor if it is
running in the systray
3. Rename your Apache2.2 directory to Apache2.2old
4. Unzip the new version to the same location as the original Apache2.2
directory.
5. Delete the config and htdocs folder from the new version (And any other
folders that may have files in them changed by you).
6. Copy, from the old version, the same folders you deleted in step 5 to get
your modified files into the new version. (MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND NOT
CUT!!!!) You want the original Apache to stay intact in the renamed folder
from step 3.
7. Start the Apache service
8. Test

If the new version does not work and you need to roll back to the old
version, just shut down the apache service, delete the entire Apache2.2
folder, then rename the Apache2.2old folder back to Apache2.2, then restart
the Apache service.

Posted by Salami Kehinde Rasheed <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hello Yehuda Katz,

--

*[image: Inline image 2]*
*SALAMI KEHINDE R*

*+234-8056511120*

Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Salami Kehinde Rasheed <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jeff,

I need step-by-step to make apache-httpd-upgrade-2_2_29, what to download
and how to apply this on production environment(Window Server 2008 and
2012R2)

I want to close *Apache HTTPD: mod_status buffer overflow (CVE-2014-0226)*
vulnerability,
I want to close *Apache HTTPD: insecure LD_LIBRARY_PATH handling
(CVE-2012-0883)* Vulnerability

I got advice to upgrade to 2.2.29 of httpd and I am running on window
server machine... Kindly assist on how I can handle this without
causing disruption on this operation.

I need your responce

--

*[image: Inline image 2]*
*SALAMI KEHINDE R*

*+234-8056511120*

Re: [users@httpd] HOW TO APPLY TOMCAT UPGRADE

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Salami Kehinde Rasheed <
kennysalaam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need step-by-step to upgrade to apache v7.0.40, what to download and how
> to apply this on production environment.
>
> *SALAMI KEHINDE R*

This is the wrong mailing list; this list is for supporting Apache HTTP
Server, not Apache Tomcat.

Look here: http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...