Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com> on 2009/08/10 12:55:04 UTC

JSP not loading

Hi ,
I am facing a strange problem. I am using struts2.0 and my server side
code executes well and sends the response ..but my ethereal shows empty
response and hence my JSPs are not loading on the browser .
This happens when user has mentioned his details in lets say chinese
language . i.e. any character other than english doesnt get interpreted by
my JSP code.

Can anyone pls help ?

Thanks,
Kavita

*****************************************************DISCLAIMER*****************************************************

This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential, proprietary to HUGHES SYSTIQUE and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the entity it is
addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, it is strictly prohibited to read, forward,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

RE: JSP not loading

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
JSPs are 'precompiled' by container to
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/webappName folder

if your FileSystem is not setup to accomodate chinese characters
any chinese characters that your filesystem sees
will not produce the desired UnknownChineseCharacters_jsp.java
so container will be unable to serve that file

try a localhost reference on the AppServer via
http://localhost:Port/webappName/NameOfChineseJsp.jsp
and notice the failure..

Martin Gainty

Re: JSP not loading