Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Diego Ruotolo <dr...@noemalife.com> on 2014/09/30 12:06:46 UTC

Session lost in Tomcat 5.5.36

Hi everybody,

Working on my company webapp I notice the following problem: sometimes the
jsession cookie is lost, and therefore my whole http session is lost.

The context is:

- Tomcat v. 5.5.36

               - JDK 1.5.0

- O.S. Windows

- Client: Internet Explorer 8

Here is my use case:

-          I made a POST request to a servlet of my webapp

-          While processing this request, I create a new http session

-          Processing of the request will process a velocity template as
last step

-          This velocity template contains 3 calls to 3 different servlets
of my webapp, these 3 calls are made through an HTTP GET

-          While processing one of these 3 requests, Tomcat does not append
jsessionid parameter to the requested URL: I have debugged Tomcat classes
therefore I am sure of this

This problem does not occur always, but just sometimes. While debugging
Tomcat classes, I noticed that Tomcat starts 3 threads to manage the 3 GET
requests of the velocity template, so maybe it is a concurrency problem.

Finally, I noticed that this problem does not happen if I set the Windows
registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main – TabProcGrowth
to 0 or 1, which forces Internet Explorer to use one process for all tabs,
not one process for single tab (which is the default).

Do I miss some configuration settings? Do I have to set some particular
parameter / cookie in the first response (or in the velocity template) ?

If you need more details please tell me.

I have sent this question to the dev list since I don’t know if this is a
Tomcat bug, but if you tell me this is the wrong list I will unsubscribe
and post this question to the user list.

Thanks in advice,

Kind regards

Diego

R: Session lost in Tomcat 5.5.36

Posted by Diego Ruotolo <dr...@noemalife.com>.
Thanks Konstantin,

I will unsubscribe from this list and try to post this question to user's
list.

Best regards,

Diego

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.