Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Mikael Puittinen <mi...@kronodoc.com> on 2010/01/12 14:31:08 UTC

PDF/A preflight with PDFbox?

Hi!

The initial goals of the project listed "PDF/A validation" as one of the targets for the library. I cannot find any mentions of PDF/A validation in the current feature list, is it still possible e.g. by validating a PDF against a specified profile, if not, are there plans to incorporate PDF/A validation capabilities in future versions of the library?

Best regards,
	Mikael Puittinen
--
Mikael Puittinen, Product Manager | Sinikalliontie 10  |
Kronodoc Oy, www.kronodoc.com     | 02630 Espoo        | GSM +358 40 5115182

Re: PDF/A preflight with PDFbox?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Mikael,

sorry for the late answer. PDF/A validation is on my interest list for
PDFBox but I haven't had the opportunity, yet, to invest sufficient time
to get this started. And I'm not aware of anyone currently working on
this topic. I guess that part of this would be to build a general
validation infrastructure which enables the definition of profiles
(PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-1a, PDF/X-* etc. etc.). Contributions in this direction
would certainly be welcome. Everyone can participate.

On 12.01.2010 14:31:08 Mikael Puittinen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The initial goals of the project listed "PDF/A validation" as one of
> the targets for the library. I cannot find any mentions of PDF/A validation
> in the current feature list, is it still possible e.g. by validating a
> PDF against a specified profile, if not, are there plans to incorporate
> PDF/A validation capabilities in future versions of the library?
>
> Best regards,
> 	Mikael Puittinen
> --
> Mikael Puittinen, Product Manager | Sinikalliontie 10  |
> Kronodoc Oy, www.kronodoc.com     | 02630 Espoo        | GSM +358 40 5115182
> mikael.puittinen@kronodoc.com     | Finland            | Fax +358 9 3489 036

Jeremias Maerki