Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 09:47:25 UTC

[ADS-1.5.1] Code freeze ?

Hi guys,

we are now very very close to a release. Remember we need 72 hours
before we can officially launch the release process, and it takes
another 24 hours (rough estimate) in order that we get the release
done and for all the jars to hit our hundreds and hundreds of mirror
all over the planet :)

We have fixed 105 issues so far, only one is in the list (DIRSERVER-1046).

I woud suggest that we fix it today, and then freeze the code tonite
(let's say by 0:00 GMT) to let committers test the installers. That
will give us an extra 24 hours to fix any kind of installer related
issues, if needed (but I'm sure that everything is perfect, Chris has
done an incredible job those last days !)

Then we may issue a vote on friday afternoon (12:00 GMT), for a
release starting on monday afternoon (12:00 GMT). This is a very tight
planning as Alex and Chris are migrating to Europ on tuesday (like
lemmings ...)

wdyt ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ADS-1.5.1] Code freeze ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I agree.

hris, it's up to you now ;)

On 8/30/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On 8/30/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I woud suggest that we fix it today, and then freeze the code tonite
> > (let's say by 0:00 GMT) to let committers test the installers. That
> > will give us an extra 24 hours to fix any kind of installer related
> > issues, if needed (but I'm sure that everything is perfect, Chris has
> > done an incredible job those last days !)
>
> Oh yeah Chris has a done an incredible job.  Thank you Chris!
>
> > Then we may issue a vote on friday afternoon (12:00 GMT), for a
> > release starting on monday afternoon (12:00 GMT). This is a very tight
> > planning as Alex and Chris are migrating to Europ on tuesday (like
> > lemmings ...)
>
> I think we should kick off the ApacheDS (not Studio) vote as soon as Chris
> feels comfortable with that last issue.  I say this because we're tight and
> if
> we have a problem I'd rather have more time to recover so we can push out
> releases Sunday night rather than Monday when Chris and I will not be
> available.
>
> Alex

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny