Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raphaël di Cicco <ra...@atosorigin.com> on 2003/12/29 15:26:57 UTC

annoying JSP runtime exception message

Hi,
I'm working with struts 1.1, Tiles and Tomcat.

on my JSP pages where I did something wrong I often get this exception message :

[ServletException in:/foo.jsp] Define tag cannot set a null value'

or simply :
[ServletException in:/foo.jsp] null

Looking at the source of the HTML page don't give me more information, neither the tomcat logs. I used to have a detailed message explaining me where the define was wrong but now I have to carefully cut and paste parts of my JSP page to find out where the error is.

Is there any way to tell Tomcat to also output JSP exceptions to a log file ? Or is is a struts problem ?

Any ideas are welcomed !
Raphaël di Cicco

Re: annoying JSP runtime exception message

Posted by "...." <ce...@basebeans.com>.
This comes up quite a bit for my Students.
When using Tiles, the JSP full error does not get displayed, becuase
tiles blocks it sometimes.

I forward to the working JSP for the moment to see the error.

.V