Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Development <de...@renaissance.tele2.co.uk> on 2001/11/22 13:55:18 UTC

James 2-0a1 - Installation

Hi,

Just downloaded James 2-0a1 and have a few questions.

1. Is the POP3 retrieval bug fixed (it's mentioned on the website)?

2. Installation (on windows) fails. PHOENIX_HOME environmental variable needs to be set. To what? Where should the Phoenix root be?

3. Is there still a James email archive on the Jakarta Project website. I can't find it.

Many thanks

Ren

RE: James 2-0a1 - Installation

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Just to make it absolutely clear V2-0a1 has a bug in POP3

This will be fixed in a future release wich will have a new number.
(probably 2-0a2)

You can get hold of a working version of james if you build it from cvs, its
really very simple to do.

RE: James 2-0a1 - Installation

Posted by Angus Fox <an...@mac.com>.

RE: James 2-0a1 - Installation

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
1/Not in a release yet, when it is that will be a new version, the fix is in
cvs though
2/Oh I didn't know that, but looking at the .bat file it should set itself
on NT & 2K, otherwise use the location of run.bat
3/yes, look under James on http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html

d.