Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/01 08:17:58 UTC

Re: [5.0] New Xerces release

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> There's a new Xerce 2.6 release, but I still plan to include 2.5 in
> tomorrow's tag (which works). 2.6 *apparently* works (without any
> noticeable improvements either), but I fear possible schema related
> regressions. So not upgrading for this tag is intentional, and I'll
> update build.properties right after the tag :)
>
> Rémy

Can't we just ship tomcat with crimson :-) ?

Costin

Re: [5.0] New Xerces release

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> There's a new Xerce 2.6 release, but I still plan to include 2.5 in
>> tomorrow's tag (which works). 2.6 *apparently* works (without any
>> noticeable improvements either), but I fear possible schema related
>> regressions. So not upgrading for this tag is intentional, and I'll
>> update build.properties right after the tag :)
>>
>> Rémy
>
> Can't we just ship tomcat with crimson :-) ?

I don't think so. Some of the committers want to hype their schema
validation thingie :-D They worked so hard to make it actually work, I
can't deny them ;-)

Tomcat still does startup a bit faster with Crimson, so X2 still isn't
as fast.

Rémy