Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Olivier Jaquemet <ol...@jalios.com> on 2005/10/25 10:31:33 UTC

Optimize/Indexing progress state - time remaining

Hi all,

Is there a nice way to get information regarding the current progress
state of any/all those operations:
- IndexWriter optimize
- IndexWriter index
- IndexReader delete
For example, having a synchronized method to retrieve a percentage of
completion from writer/reader in another thread would be great! And then
it would be quite easy to compute an estimated time remaining for my
users to know what's happening when they want to reindex all their
content or do anything quite time consuming.

I could not find anything in the API nor on the ML regarding this.
Any suggestions?

Olivier

Re: Optimize/Indexing progress state - time remaining

Posted by Olivier Jaquemet <ol...@jalios.com>.
Thanks for the information Koji.

--
Olivier Jaquemet <ol...@jalios.com>
Ingénieur R&D Jalios S.A.

RE: Optimize/Indexing progress state - time remaining

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@m4.dion.ne.jp>.
Hi Olivier,