Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by yun peng <pe...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/23 13:39:09 UTC

Any mechanism in Hadoop to run in background

Hi, All...
We have a user case intended to run Mapreduce in background, while the
server serves online operations. The MapReduce job may have lower priority
comparing to the online jobs..

I know this is a different use case of Mapreduce comparing to its
originally targeted scenario (where Mapreduce largely own resource
exclusively)... But I want to know if there is any tuning knobs that allow
Mapreduce to run in low priority/with limited resource.

Thanks,
Yun

Re: Any mechanism in Hadoop to run in background

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You can configure a scheduler (Fair or Capacity) to have a pool/queue
with lower resources and submit your job to such a pool/queue for a
controlled execution.

--
Harsh J

Re: Any mechanism in Hadoop to run in background

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Any mechanism in Hadoop to run in background

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Any mechanism in Hadoop to run in background

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J