Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Kozlov <pe...@informex.net> on 2002/04/30 13:14:34 UTC

new Powered by Turbine portal (http://www.spainhouse.com)

Hi All !
Look at http://www.spainhouse.com .
Turbine powered

--
Best regards,
--
Peter Kozlov
E-commerce Service Provider "Informex"
Kiev,Ukraine

Re: new Powered by Turbine portal (http://www.spainhouse.com)

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

> "[however you indicate Greek to a Greek]"

Or Russian, d'oh.  And I see that you already have the language
selection nav deeper into the site.  I'd make it less prominent,
perhaps, but it's still very cool.

Re: new Powered by Turbine portal (http://www.spainhouse.com)

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Peter Kozlov <pe...@informex.net> writes:

> Hi All !
> Look at http://www.spainhouse.com .
> Turbine powered

Cool.  You might want to look into using the LocalizationService to
dynamically determine the language to display (based on HTTP's
Accept-Language header).  This is quite easy from a programming stand
point, but very convenient for the user.  You can still include a
small nav with your language selections (i.e. "Espanol", "English",
"[however you indicate Greek to a Greek]").  I like the presentation
(though the fonts are a bit small for my blind eyes), but the english
translations could use a little work.  :)