Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Siddharth Powar <po...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 17:44:46 UTC

SpellCheckComponent issue

Hi,

(Sorry, emailing again because the last post was not posted...)

I have been using using SolrSpellCheckcomponent. One of my requirements is
that if a user types something like "add", solr would return "adidas". To
get something like this, I used EdgeNGramsFilterFactory and applied it to
the fields that I am indexing. So for adidas I will have something like "a",
"ad", "adi", "adid"... Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldnt the distance
algorithm used internally, match adidas with this approach?

Thanks,
Sid

Re: SpellCheckComponent issue

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Sid,

unfortunately not and as far as I know it is not possible to realize your
requirements with Solr's SpellCheck-Packages (I talk about V. 1.4, since
there are some changes in 3.1).

Regards,
Em