Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Olivier Gauwin <ga...@campus.dtrd.de> on 2002/10/21 10:51:04 UTC

Problem installing Axis with Tomcat 4.1.12

Hello,

I'm trying to install Axis 1.0 with Tomcat 4.1.12.
Everything seems to work fine (validate, etc.) but the last step (test)
doesn't work. I've got the following exception :

 >java samples.stock.GetQuote
-lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet -uuser1 -wpass1 XXX

javax/servlet/Servlet
Context
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1613)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1732)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:1219)
        at
org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.ClassUtils.findPublicStaticMethod(ClassUtils.java:112)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:214)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.access$300(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:92)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:179)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:148)
        at
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:204)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:111)
        at samples.stock.GetQuote.getQuote(GetQuote.java:102)
        at samples.stock.GetQuote.main(GetQuote.java:135)

My classpath includes all the Axis jars (copied in
CATALINA_HOME\webapps\axis\web-inf\lib) and xercesImpl.jar and
xmlParserAPIs.jar. Must I download the Xerces2 sources to build a
xerces.jar file (deprecatedjar) ? Is it really the problem ?

Thanks !
Olivier

Re: Problem installing Axis with Tomcat 4.1.12

Posted by Selvakumar Ganesan <se...@wipro.com>.
seems servlet.jar is not in the classpath. I had the same problem and when I
got servlet.jar into classpath it worked fine.

regards,
Selva.