Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "John J. Franey" <jj...@verizon.net> on 2007/03/05 19:41:57 UTC

Re: [m2] disappearing dependency

In your pom, taglibs/standard is not specified as a dependency.  Its in
dependencyManagement but dependencyManagement has no effect on the
dependency graph of the project.    Put tagslib/standard within the
dependencies element and see what flies.

Regards,
John

Re: [m2] disappearing dependency

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 3/8/07, Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/6/07, Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   Might be ... but it did work correctly before I added the dependency
> > on ojdbc ... strange ... I'll check and let you know.

[...]
> I am reviewing the mvn -X install log of the full build and find
> nothing particular yet.

Just forget it...

Re: [m2] disappearing dependency

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/07, Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Might be ... but it did work correctly before I added the dependency
> on ojdbc ... strange ... I'll check and let you know.

what does happen if you build your web module only (after installing
your root pom using mvn -N if necessary) ?

Does it solve your problem ?

I am currently troubleshooting a similar problem where I've moved some
dependency declarations in a <dependencyManagement> section in a root
pom, and now one dependency disappeared from the maven classpath in
the sub module build although the dependency is listed in the
sub-module POM !!

So my build fails.

Yet if I go in the sub-module, the dependency is resolved correctly
and my build works.

I am reviewing the mvn -X install log of the full build and find
nothing particular yet.

Strange...

Jerome

Re: [m2] disappearing dependency

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
Jabber : gehel@amessage.ch
Skype : Guillaume.Lederrey

Re: [m2] disappearing dependency

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
any chance the exclusion in parent pom cancels it out?

-D

Posted by Guillaume Lederrey <gu...@gmail.com>.