Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by John Cladmore <ju...@lorrev.org> on 2009/07/06 19:27:15 UTC

Strange exception from JSec/Ki/Shiro in Grails + ZK application

Hi all,

I am sorry about the cross post.

The problem seems to be in Grails+ZK or JSec/Ki/Shiro.

I am getting the following exception when I call Subject.login():

Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No SessionHandler or
SessionManager

This is very strange, because I don't get this except if I use a .gsp
login page or pass the username/password as a query string
(http://host/app/stuff?u=username+p=password).  They both call the same
AuthService.authenticate(...) method I have defined.

However, if I use a KZ .zul file with username and password input, the
event handler in zk gets get the exception above.

If anyone have any idea, please help.

.v

PS.  I played around a bit last night by having the JSec/Ki session
always created and that seemed to work for a few  tries but was never
consistent.  Then I started getting that same exception for simply
calling SecurityUtils.subject?.getSession().