Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2012/07/30 17:55:43 UTC

@OneWay interpretation and HTTP binding

Hello guys,

I have read the JSR 181 spec and the @OneWay is not clear for me.
Just want to have your interpretation....

In the spec, it is said that: "Indicates that the given web method has only an input message and no output. Typically,
a oneway method returns the thread of control to the calling application prior to executing
the actual business method"

What typically means ? Does it mean MUST-SHALL, SHOULD or MAY according to you ?

Still about the OneWay what is the HTTP binding for this annotation ? I have seen that some implementation returns a 202.
Is it a standard HTTP status code  value for OneWay ?

Best Regards.

RE: @OneWay interpretation and HTTP binding

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello,

I am happy that this subject is clear now :)
According some other discussions I had, it seems that there is 2 possibilities:

-          Either the WS stack provides this kind of behavior

-          Or it is up to the end point service developer to make this behavior happen

I am still confused and so still waiting for some clarifications regarding this topic ...
Best Regards.

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
100% clear, thanks

I already know that. My goal is not to test the behavior of Web Service
stack.

For example, I have tested the following behavior stacks against
@OneWay:

-          Metro/Glassfish

-          CXF

-          Weblogic

Sorry I haven't enough time to test Axis 2 right now but I promise I
will do so ;-)

And I have seen some differences L