Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jesper <je...@altern.org> on 2005/03/04 07:45:03 UTC

tomcat 5.5.7 autoDeploy/reload trouble

 Hi there.

 I have migrated from tomcat 4.1.31 to tomcat 5.5.7
 I have a setup with many virtual hosts.
 I ame using the option in 5.5 to put context information
 in /CATALINA_BASE/conf/[engine]/[host]/context.xml.default

 in server.xml each host is defined like this

 <host name="name.example.com" autoDeploy="true"... appBase="webapps"/>

 and the contexts
 <Context docBase="/home/xxxx/public_html" reloadable="true"/>

 If the appBase in server.xml is within the docBase of the context tomcat
5.5
 says no host matches name name.example.com...

 But changing a /home/xxxx/public_html/WEB-INF/web.xml, does not make tomcat
 redeploy the Context. the catalin_base/conf/context.xml makes web.xml a
 watched resourse.

 I'm thinking that the appBase=webapps, is the problem but as mentiod
 changing it does not work....

 What to do ? Any suggestion appriciated

 TIA
 Jesper