Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/04/21 07:04:17 UTC

Jewel Button and TextField

Hi,

thinking in release 0.9.3 I believe I could make some changes to make the
Jewel API more user ready, since release is what we expect final users will
try and it's a good time to make this kind of changes. Regarding Jewel I
see the following issues:

* Button: I think people will find more familiar to deal with <j:Button/>
than with <j:TextButton>. Maybe in Basic Button can have more sense, but I
don't see it in Jewel, so I thinking in removing actual Button and rename
TextButton to Button. After 0.9.3 I expect to complete Button with more
needs like ability to handle icons (I suppose this will be a bead), make an
"outline" style, and handle sizes (large, medium, small,...). If you think
in some more needs let me know to add to this TODO (but after 0.9.3)

* TextField: I find "TextInput" will be a better name, since that will
match flex name and I think is more appropiate.

I think this will improve people coming from flex, and make the API more
friendly for users

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira