Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/29 21:05:14 UTC

Hyperic plugin

I have attached to this JIRA issue [1] a plugin I began to write for Hyperic
[2].
This plugin is a simple xml plugin which can be used to monitor a ServiceMix
instance using Hyperic.  It should detect the main JMX beans (container,
components, service assemblies, shared libraries, endpoints), allow some
actions  (component lifecycle), and add some stats for components.
Statistics are not yet available for endpoints, because the MBean name for
the endpoint statistic MBean can not be easily deduced from the endpoint.
This is realy unfortunate and would need either
  * a java plugin (not sure, but I hope there is a way)
  * a change in the mbean names so that it is easier to deal with

Any feedback welcome :-)
I guess in the future, this plugin, once completed, should be given
back to the Hyperic project ...

[1] https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-942
[2] http://www.hyperic.com/

--