Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Cecile, Adam" <Ad...@hitec.lu> on 2019/04/01 19:35:46 UTC

Building Mesos 1.7.x bindings for Python 3

Hello Mesos,

According to changelog, Mesos 1.7.0 supports Python3:

[MESOS-8955] - Manage Python2 and 3 in build steps

However, after looking at configure.ac I have no idea how to enable
this. The only option that looks tided with Python 3 is --enable-new-cli
which is not working because the new_cli folder is actually missing from
the src folder.

Can you explain how to enable this ?

Thanks,

Re: Building Mesos 1.7.x bindings for Python 3

Posted by "Cecile, Adam" <Ad...@hitec.lu>.
Hello,

Ok then, the changelog entry was a bit misleading ;-)

Le 1 avril 2019 22:17:54 GMT+02:00, Benjamin Bannier <be...@mesosphere.io> a écrit :

Hi Adam,

According to changelog, Mesos 1.7.0 supports Python3:

[MESOS-8955] - Manage Python2 and 3 in build steps

The Mesos Python bindings can currently only built for python2.7, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-7163.

The new cli uses python3 so python3 (for the new cli) and python2.7 (for the modules) can be discovered by configure.

I am not sure what exactly you are building, but maybe you might be able to use the HTTP APIs which are by design language (version)-agnostic.

HTH,

Benjamin

Re: Building Mesos 1.7.x bindings for Python 3

Posted by Benjamin Bannier <be...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Adam,