Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David <da...@dishnermoore.com> on 2006/03/08 15:34:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Post Method - File Rights Not Inherited From Parent

Hello,

I have been running into issues with apache, an my backup software
retrospect.

I have apache installed on my XP machine here at work so we can use gallery2
in the office.  I have problems backing up my "G2data" folder remotely. This
folder contains the uploaded gallery images.  When I use any of the
JavaScript upload functions the rights of the files are not inherited from
their parent folders.  Instead new access rights are set.

The only uploading method that allows the files to inherit their file
permissions is the "From Web Browser" uploading method.  Now my
understanding is that all of these methods use the same post function and it
really shouldn't make a difference.

Regardless, normally this isn't a problem, but because my drive is remotely
backed up and shared, no one is able to access the uploaded until I modify
the shared settings after each upload to include the share properties once
again.

Is there a reason I am running into this issue?

Thanks,
David.