Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "I LOVE Hadoop :)" <ku...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/30 23:49:45 UTC

Need more detail on Hadoop architecture

Hello,

I want to know more details on using Hadoop framework to sort input data.
In example, sorting can be as simple as using identical map and reduce
class, and just allow the framework to do its basic work.
>From article
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.1/mapred_tutorial.html#Overview, I
learned that a number of classes, such as comparator and partitioner, can be
involved in the process, but I can not find more details how it takes place.
Could someone help?
Thanks.

--
Cheers! Hadoop core

Re: Need more detail on Hadoop architecture

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
BTW: there are at least two booksHadoop: The definitive
guide<http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521998/>

Hadoop in Action <http://www.manning.com/lam/>
both of wich I can recommend

anyway, simple web searching on the topic should give you a lot of
information.

Lukas

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: Need more detail on Hadoop architecture

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: Need more detail on Hadoop architecture

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/